We can help
As an established and trusted supplier of renewable power and net zero services to businesses and other organisations, we understand the challenges you face. And we know it’s not always possible to overcome them without help.
So, if you’re experiencing financial difficulties and struggling to pay your electricity bills, the best approach is to let us know as soon as possible. We may be able to offer options such as payment plans or other solutions.
Our advisors are trained to support you and to find solutions that suit your circumstances – and work for us too. Please don’t carry on ignoring the issue or trying to solve it alone – get in touch now:Contact us now - Call 01473 855753
Extra support available
To better manage your energy usage, and your payments, it’s worth considering the following:
- Get Government support – if you’re eligible for the Energy Bills Discount Scheme we'll apply the discount to your bill automatically
- Details of other Government support schemes can be found on the Government's website
- Fix your energy costs – a Fixed plan will help with budgeting (especially if you’re currently out of contract)
- Spread the cost – setting up a direct debit automates the payments process (reducing your admin time and freeing up resources)
- Manage your energy online – get 24/7 control by using our account portal: My Drax Energy
- Only pay for what you use – get smart meters installed at your sites (or submit your meter readings manually) to avoid receiving estimated bills
- Discover more – to understand your billing and more, see our Support articles
Things to avoid
Ignoring your quickly-rising energy debt simply isn’t an option. Here are two reasons why:
1. You could lose your power supply
There are industry mechanisms in place that allow all energy suppliers to organise a disconnection if a business customer is defaulting on its energy debts. This is in line with the terms and conditions of your contract.
However, disconnection is a last resort. We’ll try many times to get in touch and provide lots of opportunities for you to pay – including with a payment plan. So, the best way to ensure you’re not disconnected is to get in touch with us – as soon as you realise you’re having difficulty paying your bills.
2. You could have additional reconnection costs
If your meter(s) are disconnected due to you not paying your energy debt, and you then request a reconnection, you may need to pay a non-refundable fee, plus any debt balance. You’ll also have to wait for the reconnection to happen, which means losing even more time and revenue.
Additionally, if we’re concerned about your ability to pay future invoices, we may ask you for a refundable security deposit too, as a condition of reconnecting your energy supply.